Creating a service on Ureed.com allows freelancers to promote their own work, set their own rules, and get clients to come to them instead of waiting for opportunities to land on their doors.
All you need to do to get started with a new service is:
- Choose a specialty you’re excited about
- Upload your best work for a stunning gallery that showcases to clients the quality of your deliverables
To create a service, follow the steps below:
1. Go to the “Services” tab on your upper menu
2. Click on the “Create service” button on the right corner of your page
3. Add a title to your service that tells the client what they will get by purchasing your service (i.e. You will get a sleek logo for your brand)
4. Add a description that clarifies your deliverables, unique selling points, and a description of the project steps (the process of completing your service)
5. Add the details of your service
- Total price -- set the price you think is appropriate for your project. Make sure you research similar services to keep your pricing competitive. The price can range anywhere from $5 to $5000 depending on the nature of the service.
- Timeline -- Set a realistic timeline for your project.
- Service category -- Select the right category for your project to make sure it’s visible to your target audience. E.g. If your service is creating a logo, choose “Graphics & Design” as the category.
- Specialties, skills & tools -- To help us show your project to the right audience, be as specific as possible when adding the specialties & skills that are relevant to your service.
6. Include additional perks to make your service more exciting
These should be optional items in your service package for clients. e.g. If your service is creating a sleek logo, an additional perk can be “I can provide 2 logo variations” or “I will create an animated version of the logo”. If the client is interested in the additional perk, they will pay an extra fee to purchase it.
7. Add client requirements, i.e. the material you’ll need from the client in order to complete their order
For example, in order to create a logo for your client, you might need to list the following among your requirements:
- Brand guidelines
- Brand name
- Brand identity
8. Upload your work and create a stunning gallery to attract clients
Here, you should add the “skeleton” of your service. Keep in mind that what you present in your media will not be exactly what your client will get. It will be adjusted and tweaked based on clients’ specific requests. However, make sure there is a solid, unique foundation to present to clients and to make it easy to tweak upon each client’s needs.
9. Choose whether or not you’d like instant booking
Instant booking allows you to accept ALL orders automatically, whenever they come. This means that for each order you receive, you will have to immediately start working on it to deliver it within the timeline you’ve set. Activate Instant Booking if you’re available every day and are happy to work on this order for any client.
However, if you’re not available at all times and would like to take a look at the client’s requests and profile before accepting their order, you can turn Instant Booking off. If you turn Instant Booking off, you will have a grace period of 24 hours to choose whether to accept or decline an order, after which the order will be activated automatically. Read more about order statuses here.
10. Submit your service for review
You’re done! Now you can click “Publish for review” at the bottom of the page. We’ll make sure your service is client-ready and once we approve it, you’ll receive a notification that your service is live and ready for orders!
Here are some pro tips to keep in mind when creating your project:
- Use professional images that showcase the quality of your work
- Make sure to proofread your work (Typos and grammatical errors will reflect badly on you & might prevent employers from ordering your service)
- Select the category relevant to your project